Thursday, May 6, 2010

Announcing Book Number ONE!

"For those of you who have not finished the final chapters of Huckleberry Finn you may use this time to do so. For those of you who have you can start on your essay now. Whichever task you choose, do it silently." -Rory's teacher

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
by Mark Twain (whose real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens)

This is the first book ever mentioned in the pilot episode of Gilmore Girls - in the only scene where we see Rory sitting in a Stars Hollow High classroom. I felt it was only fitting to read this book first; I can't promise the rest of the books will be in the order they appear in the show. I have read this book before in my early high school days and you probably have too, but it's been so long since I've read it I sure don't remember much.

In the copy I have (which boasts "complete and unabridged text") there are 506 pages. Sound daunting? It shouldn't. It actually looks like a breeze: the book came from the children's fiction section of my library, so the print is quite large. Rough guess - I'll probably read it within a week. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hi, Meliss.
I have to say, I have never watched a single episode of GG. Not because of any reason other than I just never turned to that channel when it was on.
I'll be interested to follow you on this journey. I love to read, so I just might join you in your literary quest to explore all things GG. I may not join with the music, etc.

Good luck on the job hunt, though.

Also, I may have to pick up GG Season 1 at the library now.